Continuing the Zoho Apps integration series, we are pleased to announce the integration between Zoho Invoice and Zoho CRM. Users can now use the customer information in Zoho CRM while raising invoices or estimates using Zoho Invoice.
A few points before you read on:
- This is just a first step towards our goal of complete integration.
- You will be able to use the customer information from Zoho CRM in Zoho Invoice but not vice versa. That is the invoice information from Zoho Invoice will not be available in Zoho CRM.
To import customer information, what you should do?
Importing customer information from Zoho CRM to Invoice is very simple, just three simple steps -
- Go to the “Settings” page and click on the “Import” link on the left under “Import/Export” section.
- Specify your Zoho CRM login name and API key. If you don’t have an API key, you can request for one from your Zoho CRM account. For further details refer – Getting API Key.
- After filling in the necessary details, click on the “Save & Import” button.
How to get the latest customer information from Zoho CRM to Zoho Invoice?
After the import, keeping the customer records updated in Zoho Invoice is very simple. Click on the “Sync” link on the left. That’s it! All the records will be automatically updated!!
When I say, we will be updating the records, we will be syncing up only those records that have been modified, but still this update is costly, use it judiciously. You also have options to -
Soon, we will be providing you options to synchronize the custom views defined in Zoho CRM.
How does this integration work?
When you click on the import button, we use the “Login Name” and the “API Key” that you have provided to connect to Zoho CRM. Then we pull up the records using Zoho CRM’s APIs.
Customer information in Zoho CRM will be considered the master. So, in case of conflicts the records in Zoho Invoice will be updated with the one from Zoho CRM.
Some specific details:
There is no concept like contact’s address in Zoho Invoice, so we will not be pulling out this information from Zoho CRM. Remember, contact’s address is different from customer’s address. We do make use of the customer’s address.
Our next immediate priority on this front includes (but not necessarily limited to) -
- Help import product and pricing information.
- Help map custom fields defined for various entities – customers, products etc.
- Once our (Zoho Invoice) APIs are ready, we will be targeting a much tighter integration whereby it will be possible to see invoices generated in Zoho Invoice from the Zoho CRM client.
Hope you find this integration useful; please feel free to share your comments.
Check into this feature by logging into Zoho Invoice now.