We’re happy to announce that Zoho Reports, our online business intelligence & reporting tool has graduated out of beta today. Zoho Reports helps businesses make better sense of their data by providing useful insights through powerful reporting and analytics, which
transforms to informed decision making. It achieves this through an impressive set of capabilities that lets users easily perform a variety of tasks, such as:
- Upload any data. Zoho Reports lets users securely upload spreadsheets and tabular data such as .CSV, .TSV, .XLS or .HTML files. Of course, users can also add
data directly using the spreadsheet-like interface.
- Push data from any application. Zoho Reports works with hosted and traditional (in-house, behind a firewall) business applications and databases for reporting and analysis. Users can fetch and upload data into Zoho Reports from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and MS Access databases.
One of the important things we have been focusing out this year has been integration between the various Zoho apps. An example of such an integration – Zoho Show has long allowed embedding of Zoho Sheet’s spreadsheets and charts. The same is now possible with Zoho Reports too. You can embed your cool reports that you created in Zoho Reports into a Zoho Show presentation and impress your audience with live interactive reports.
Let’s say as your company’s Sales Manager, you are to present the month’s sales figures. Use Zoho Reports to crunch all your sales data, make reports out of it and Zoho Show to make your presentation. Embedding the reports from Zoho Reports, you make the presentation much more interactive and powerful. You can mouseover the embedded charts and get relevant values displayed. You can click on the data points in the chart and drill down to the actual values too.…
So much of your business data from many of your applications lie in a database like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or MS Access, behind a firewall. Getting meaningful reports out of such databases and taking corrective actions based on those reports is what business intelligence is all about. The databases themselves are typically costly and creating reports out of them isn’t that easy. Buying additional reporting tools, which you need to install and maintain, adds up to your costs. But by making your data available in Zoho Reports, you get these major benefits:
- Create meaningful reports easily using just drag-and-drop
- The reports you create are accessible from anywhere
- Enable collaborative analysis and reporting
- Share the reports over the web to whoever you want
- Very affordable, pay-as-you-go monthly pricing plans (Zoho Reports is actually free, as of now)
Zoho Reports makes it easy to push data from behind-the-firewall databases (and CSV files too) by providing you with an Upload Tool (a database