Zoho Wiki offers quite a few options for access control. For example, you can have a select group of members edit the Wiki but make the Wiki viewable for public. Or, say you can have the editing of the wiki as private (only you can edit it) but make the Wiki viewable by a select group of people or the public.
A query we receive from many Zoho Wiki users is how to have such permissions set, particularly group permissions. The following are the general steps involved in setting the permission levels for a group Wiki.
- Login to the Wiki you created
- Click on the ‘Settings’ link at the top. In the pop-up that appears, under the heading ‘Change your wiki permissions’, you will have to choose ‘Group(s)’ in atleast one of the headings – Reading/Editing.
- Once done, you should be seeing a ‘Group Members’ link at the top of your Wiki’s Dashboard page. If you aren’t seeing it, try refreshing your browser.
- Click on the ‘Group Members’ link and in the pop-up that appears, click on the ‘Add New Members’ link
- Add email IDs of your friends/group members and click on the ‘Add’ button
- The email IDs should get added with the message as ‘Pending’
- All the members that you added would have been sent a mail saying you have added them up as a group member in your wiki.
- If they have an account with Zoho Wiki already (in the same email ID that you used), they can login and see your wiki under ‘My Subscribed Wikis’ at the right-bottom and they can ‘subscribe’ to it
- Else they should sign up for a new account at http://wiki.zoho.com (with the same email ID that you used to mail them) and then can become a group member of your wiki as in the step above
Do tell us how useful you found the above tip to be.