How to send and receive mass mails using Zoho CRM?
Let me clear the air with some facts that one has to live with today while using Zoho CRM :-
- One can send mass mails ONLY if one is a paid user with Zoho CRM.
- One can send 250 mails/day ONLY using the mass mail feature in ONE day as of now (Think of mass mail as a 1-shot use tool to be used once a day. You can break the 250 into 100+100+50 or any other permutation that you want)
- One can send unlimited number of mails if mails are being sent individually ie without using the mass-mail feature.
Okay, the air is cleared now. What next ?
Zoho CRM cannot receive emails as of now. So how to address this problem? Hmmm.
There is a work-around for this!
- Assume that you have logged in as firstname.lastname@example.org and using mass-mail feature have sent 200 emails. Please note, the from address will be set as email@example.com. Configure your Outlook Mail Client to receive the responses to those 200 emails sent with the from as firstname.lastname@example.org id .
- Now login to Zoho CRM Server. Download the Outlook Plugin from Setup –> Personal Settings –> Outlook Edition.
- Go to Setup –> Subscription Manager –> Users Activation and enable the Plugin for the account email@example.com.
- Next install the Outlook Plugin into your Outlook Mail Client. Now you are set to work with the Outlook Plugin!
- Go to the Outlook Mail Client and invoke the Plugin and login with firstname.lastname@example.org id. Now you can synchronize the Tasks, Events and Emails from Outlook to Zoho CRM and vice-versa.
Note:- It is preferable to sync mails 1-by-1 since you may experience performance problems otherwise.
More info available at http://www.zoho.com/crm/outlook-edition.html