Before I start, let me say this is my first blog at blogs.zoho.com. Hello guys ! 😉
Fine. Zoho CRM is going to face a step-by-step upgrade in terms of usability. The Settings will be the first thing to receive a usability tuning. The tuning will start with reducing the number of clicks to access a particular information or completing a task.
Say for example, to edit the details of the user, it takes 4 clicks + one scroll.
1. Click the “Setup” link on the top
2. Click the “Personal Settings” link on the left
3. Click the “Account Information” link
4. Scroll-down the mouse wheel once
5. Click the edit button
There is one sixth click, which counts-in when the user click on the field that he/she wishes to edit. It is time consuming with visible screen refreshes.
Now the tuning will result in a responsive UI, where in the user :
1. Clicks “Setup”
2. Clicks “Account Information” (Grouping the Personal Settings + Account Information + Password ) into one single link
Upon clicking the Account Information, the right hand side will display the details of the user. The “password change” will be available as a clickable link/button as one of the fields. Clicking that, will display a mini layer pop-up with “Old Password, New Password, Confirm new Password” text boxes. A Web 2.0-istic fashion.
3. To edit other information, the user can click the “Edit” button on top right or the bottom right portion.
Now the clicks are reduced by half the count. Like this, we will be making constant tuning to Zoho CRM in coming days !