Happy New Year 2014 to everyone! On this new year, let’s see some of the latest features of Zoho Reports.
100% Group Bar Chart
This type of bar chart is quite useful when you have to compare each member’s contribution to the overall pie over a period of time. It’s like having a series of pie charts lined up, only better.
With Zoho Reports, you can create a variety of reports including charts, pivot tables, dashboards, query/summary tables etc. Till recently, all such reports were created over only one table i.e., the columns you used for a report should belong to the same table. If the columns spanned across tables, you had to create a Query Table first and then create reports over it. Not anymore. With the new
feature, you can now create reports easily using columns from multiple tables, in much the same way as you create reports over a single table.
For the Auto-join feature to work, the tables are to be related using the
feature available in Zoho Reports. When you create a new report selecting any of the tables with a lookup relationship defined, columns from all related tables will be listed under the
panel in the report designer. You can drag and drop columns from across tables, to create your reports.
Consider this scenario. An
table containing the
. And another table
containing the salary info. These two tables will be linked by the
. Let’s say you want a report on employee salaries based on departments or number of years of experience. With the newly introduced Auto-join feature, you can easily create such a report, spanning columns from both the tables.
The below video shows how a report is created using the auto-join feature.
Hope you like this new Auto-join feature. Try this feature in
: As a New Year special, we are running a limited-time, special discount offer for Zoho Reports. We are offering 25% off on annual subscriptions and 15% off on half-yearly subscriptions. Our pricing details
. Subscribe now and take advantage of this special offer.
We’re happy to announce that Zoho Reports, our online business intelligence & reporting tool has graduated out of beta today. Zoho Reports helps businesses make better sense of their data by providing useful insights through powerful reporting and analytics, which
transforms to informed decision making. It achieves this through an impressive set of capabilities that lets users easily perform a variety of tasks, such as:
- Upload any data. Zoho Reports lets users securely upload spreadsheets and tabular data such as .CSV, .TSV, .XLS or .HTML files. Of course, users can also add
data directly using the spreadsheet-like interface.
- Push data from any application. Zoho Reports works with hosted and traditional (in-house, behind a firewall) business applications and databases for reporting and analysis. Users can fetch and upload data into Zoho Reports from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and MS Access databases. Automatic periodic uploads/synchronization is also supported.
- Drag-and-Drop interface. Users can visually analyze and build insightful reports and dashboards using a drag-and-drop interface, all by themselves.
- Use a variety of reporting components. Users have access to a wide range of reporting components, including charts, pivot tables, tabular view and dashboard components that ensure
the most insightful report building and analysis possible.
- Query with SQL. Zoho Reports lets users create powerful and flexible reports with SQL queries written in any database dialect/syntax.
- Collaborative analysis. Users can develop reports together, enabling informed, collaborative business decisions. Reports can easily be shared with fine-grained
access control, giving the report owner complete control over data and reports being shared.
- Embed reports anywhere. Zoho Reports encourages widespread consumption of business intelligence by enabling users to embed reports in websites, intranets, blogs,
applications, iGoogle and Microsoft SharePoint Server.
- Secure all data and reports. Zoho Reports maintains a highly secure environment for all user data. Access to data and reports is secured with a proper user name and password, via HTTPS (SSL connection) network connectivity. All data and reports are hosted in highly secure datacenters, which offer redundancy, backup and continuity.
New functionalities in this release include,
- Dashboard view. Users can collate similar reports and view them all on a single page. For instance, a dashboard page consisting of 10 reports can be displayed in a “5×2” (five rows and two columns) format.
- iGoogle gadget. Users can embed the gadget version of Zoho Reports in their iGoogle home page, giving them ready access to their reports and dashboards from their iGoogle page.
Like other Zoho products, Zoho Reports offers a generous free edition. And the pricing plans start at $15 per month (for 250,000 rows and 2 users). Take a look at Zoho Reports. We hope you’ll like it.